Monday, April 4, 2011

Outfitting the Entourage: Part 2 - The Guys

Why didn't somebody warn me that there were approximately 1,667, 845.7482374 options for men's clothing? And they say that women are complicated, pu-leeze!


Whew, got that off my chest. Yeah, deciding on and locating the right option for the guys was a job and a half, and I didn't even get paid! It didn't help that, initially, I had a very clear picture in my head of what I wanted the guys to wear, and refused to consider other options. What did I want the guys to wear, really really really wanted them to wear?

THIS

{Source}
and THIS

{Source}
and THIS and THIS and THIS!

{Source}
{Source}
{Source}
Hello, my name is Katie, and I am a 3-piece suit addict.

I literally spent MONTHS combing the internet, searching desperatly for the perfect 3 piece suit option for Nate and all of the groomsmen. I love the vintage look of the suits and how the vest keeps the look dressy even when the jackets come off. They are just so stylish, no? These types of suits have experienced a huge resurgence in the wedding world, so they should be easy to acquire right?

WRONG, oh so very WRONG.

Oh sure, if you want to drop a hefty penny (or more accurately about 10,000 pennies), you can have a custom made 3-piece suit. J-Crew even had a really cool linen 3-piece option, but Nate vetoed the linen look, citing it as a fabric that easily wrinkles and looks to casual to him. O.k. fine, he was probably right, but I just didn't want to admit defeat.

6 months into the search, 3 and a half months to the wedding, and defeat suddenly became the reality.

*SOB. Farewell suit pipe dream, parting is such non-sweet sorrow.

With hopes dashed, I became very "whatever you want" about the whole suit thing. Sure I went along on the shopping trips, but secretly I was pouting my loss and really, I just wanted Nate to pick something. We knew we wanted a light colored suit, and had to wait until February for all of the spring lines to start rolling out. It took a while, but we finally found a winner!


{Source}

This is the website pic, which is in tan. Our suits will be "Oyster" which looks more like the suits in the top pic. It took several hours of in-store waiting (still mad about that) and some serious back and forth, but we were able to secure all 5 suits for the guys from Jos A Bank at a great price! 65% off plus a gift card from FMIL resulted in Nate getting his suit for less than $100 bucks! Whoopie!

We are thinking of pairing the suits with the classic southern seersucker tie in sage. Any thoughts?


Am I the only one out there who thinks stores should start offering 3-piece suit rentals again?

5 comments:

  1. My fiancé wanted his suit made completely out of seersucker (note: we're getting married in December)--I think it goes without saying that that's a bit much, but I really like the tie!! I also like suits better than tuxes (I hate those stripes on the pants), but we'll do tux rentals because I'm getting a really good discount for all of the guys-- and the groom's tux will be free! Can't beat that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - Nate wanted seersucker as well! We just couldn't see some of the groomsman wearing it, but it is the ultimate southern look! Yey for your free grooms tux!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Future Hubs also wants a 3 piece suit! It is so classy! He has to get his custom made but even at the department store the associate was telling us that three piece isn't popular anymore. Why not?? I'm sure your groom will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi from weddingbee! you're so close to your wedding! Mine is May 21st! Looking forward to counting down the days following you! I added you to my "2011 Blogging Brides" page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leana - I'm with you! I really don't understand why they aren't as popular, they look so so good!

    Saying I do - hey! Thanks for stopping by! Your date is coming up so so soon!

    ReplyDelete